Hilux Pickup Owners Club & Online Community
baggedlux

Bagged jap import 2wd mk3 hilux!

baggedlux

Hi guys and gals

Thought i'd start a thread on my recently acquired hilux

Few years ago, a guy called steven built this truck which im sure you would have all seen, unfortunately all his pics are gone cus of photobucket but he built the truck. He sold the truck to make way for his 3100 chevy! The truck had a few owners, each doing a couple of their own mods to it before it went to the next.

I managed to find the truck on gumtree of all places, i went with intention of just looking at the truck as it was like 70miles away so thought couldnt hurt and ended up buying it! I drove it for a bit to find out any bits on it which needed addressing.... which was quite a few!

I do also own a mk5 fx extra cab 2wd d4d which I was doing an audio build in, i had 2 custom made 18" subwoofers which were going to be mounted behind the seats in a 'wall' and i was also going to chop it up and get it on the floor on air ride as well BUT thats all stopped now cus ive got the jap truck so ill be selling the other one in due course. I will upload some pics when i get on my laptop as cant work out how to do it on my phone!

Sparks

Nice one on starting a thread, look forward to seeing how she progresses and hope you can sort the pics out, interested to see how the bagging works front and rear :thumbsup:

topcat7
1 hour ago, baggedlux said:

Hi guys and gals

Thought i'd start a thread on my recently acquired hilux

Few years ago, a guy called steven built this truck which im sure you would have all seen, unfortunately all his pics are gone cus of photobucket but he built the truck. He sold the truck to make way for his 3100 chevy! The truck had a few owners, each doing a couple of their own mods to it before it went to the next.

I managed to find the truck on gumtree of all places, i went with intention of just looking at the truck as it was like 70miles away so thought couldnt hurt and ended up buying it! I drove it for a bit to find out any bits on it which needed addressing.... which was quite a few!

I do also own a mk5 fx extra cab 2wd d4d which I was doing an audio build in, i had 2 custom made 18" subwoofers which were going to be mounted behind the seats in a 'wall' and i was also going to chop it up and get it on the floor on air ride as well BUT thats all stopped now cus ive got the jap truck so ill be selling the other one in due course. I will upload some pics when i get on my laptop as cant work out how to do it on my phone!

Your not that far away 20 miles be nice to see how it turns out ..tc

baggedlux
23 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Nice one on starting a thread, look forward to seeing how she progresses and hope you can sort the pics out, interested to see how the bagging works front and rear :thumbsup:

I will hopefully jump on the laptop tomorrow and sort out pictures of what is going on and what I plan to do. The front suspension is having an overhaul, parts have been made in the usa for it and being shipped across! 

12 minutes ago, topcat7 said:

Your not that far away 20 miles be nice to see how it turns out ..tc

I saw your listing for your mk3 lux just before I posted this and noticed where you were! I am always lurking around, hopefully have it back out on the road in next couple months!

Sparks
1 minute ago, baggedlux said:

I will hopefully jump on the laptop tomorrow and sort out pictures of what is going on and what I plan to do. The front suspension is having an overhaul, parts have been made in the usa for it and being shipped across! 

While your at it you want to see if there are any numbers on the pads or calipers, to cross-reference with the 4WD version for parts other than the main dealers ;) 

baggedlux
6 minutes ago, Sparks said:

While your at it you want to see if there are any numbers on the pads or calipers, to cross-reference with the 4WD version for parts other than the main dealers ;) 

Yes i shall do!

I keep meaning.to go to my local yota dealership which is half mile from house and see what they can do to help! Am after some interior parts as well but doubt they will have them!

Sparks
Just now, baggedlux said:

Yes i shall do!

I keep meaning.to go to my local yota dealership which is half mile from house and see what they can do to help! Am after some interior parts as well but doubt they will have them!

Interior bits will be the same as the 4WD even the doors are the same and i assume it's what we class as MK3 so should be parts around, even ebay and i think the surf has the some interior parts that are interchangeable as well 

Deadly Dave

Well tomorrow is here, we need pics :tongue:

Sparks
49 minutes ago, Deadly Dave said:

Happy Easter ;)

baggedlux
On 01/04/2018 at 00:03, Deadly Dave said:

On 01/04/2018 at 00:53, Sparks said:

Happy Easter ;)

Well its tomorrow now! :roflmao:

Been a bit busy and the laptop sucks so uploading pics and stuff takes a while for it to do, but i will try to make more of an effort to keep an update build thread going!

So i'll introduce the fleet!

I've got a passat r36 for my toy/nice car which sits on the drive most of the week as cycle to work! My original 2wd fx hilux which I had planned to lower on some nice wheels, and was going to do an audio build in it but its just sat in dust in my unit for over a year now and I shall be fixing it up and selling it on now! needs a new lower arm and little bit of welding, just need to get round to doing it now

20170910_095017.jpg

20170910_095024.jpg

JasXPear
3 minutes ago, baggedlux said:

Well its tomorrow now! :roflmao:

Been a bit busy and the laptop sucks so uploading pics and stuff takes a while for it to do, but i will try to make more of an effort to keep an update build thread going!

So i'll introduce the fleet!

I've got a passat r36 for my toy/nice car which sits on the drive most of the week as cycle to work! My original 2wd fx hilux which I had planned to lower on some nice wheels, and was going to do an audio build in it but its just sat in dust in my unit for over a year now and I shall be fixing it up and selling it on now! needs a new lower arm and little bit of welding, just need to get round to doing it now

20170910_095017.jpg

20170910_095024.jpg

Liking the goldie-lux!

• Upvote 1

baggedlux

So, I was late night gumtreeing and I stumbled across ste's old hilux, it was a couple hours away from me and at a reasonable price. I sent matey a text and it was still available and then he asked if I wanted to view it, I thought why not. It was only a couple hours away so off I went and well I ended up buying it :oops:

it was majority the same as how ste built it, however each owner has done their own 'mods' to it... the worst one is this horrible attempt of an exhaust... why oh why!

20171111_153607.jpg

20171111_153633.jpg

20171111_153645.jpg

So I went up the following week with friend and got the truck and had an extremely terrifying drive back! trying to get used to the column shift was certainly interesting and the ride was welll... bouncy? I was expecting it to be like that to be fair but I just wanted to drive it for a while to find faults and go over them and sort them out! 

it was love at first site though!

20171119_151859.jpg

So after driving it around for a few days, started to find a few faults/issues with it. I am not in anyway knocking people's work here, as I see it, we all have different standards and some of the work done is not to my standard.... 

It needed a good service (which has not been done yet) as it doesnt like a cold start... at all! good fun when i bought it in middle of november right?:rolleyes: wipers barely worked, washer bottle didnt work, window winders didnt work properly, the ride was real bad.. and the main issue was the rear brakes as it still has the brake proportioning valve on the rear.. so every time I brake, the back end locks up, it slides, i go all over the road and poo myself. An attempt at a new bar being made by someone is on the back but its deffo one of my main issues.

As it was parked outside my house, someone managed to smash my wing mirror off, was not impressed! i guess it was a van driver or someone as live in a cul de sac and the house is buy itself! So I wanted to get it inside my unit as soon as I could, so I could start tinkering!

I bought a set of chrome electric mirrors from a surf. At first I liked them as the chrome and white went well, but they are slightly larger than 2wd mirrors.. still undecided and would need to wire them in so its on my maybe list of things!

20180128_135951.jpg

urm.... the truck sneezed and it all fell off?

20180210_171515.jpg

The front end was looking a bit tired. The grill had a crack in it on the passenger side around the headlight, so that had to go... then I thought i'd change it all up!

So i've bought some clear headlights for it, new chrome corner lights, new chrome front grill.

The chrome bumper was from a surf and it was sitting just a little bit too wide on the front one side and did have quite bit of surface rust on it so I had been searching a 2wd chrome bumper which i dont think exists.

So I will go 1 of 2 ways probably: 

1) Get a new metal 2wd bumper so i know the fitment is correct, then get it polished or chromed

2) section the 4wd bumper to get it to sit better, reweld then have it rechromed

still have not decided yet, forever changing my mind but oh well! its all fun!!

• Like 3

scottie

Love a tree shift . Love all your hilux family 

If I could run a coiomn change manual MK3 here I would 

baggedlux
11 minutes ago, scottie said:

Love a tree shift . Love all your hilux family 

If I could run a coiomn change manual MK3 here I would 

Cheers man, the column shift certainly has a knack to it! its got a lot of play in it as well, when its in 4th, its hangs down loooow

The mk5 was fun but my heart has been on a mk3 for a few years and just couldnt resist this one. I'll get the mk5 fixed up and sold on to put some money aside for the new baby!

Sparks

Nice up-date Mister :thumbsup: i do like the look of the MK5 and it sits nice on those wheels as is :cool: good luck finding a MK3 2WD bumper,it would deffo look better 

savaphil

I do like a low riding Lux. Would like a Mk3 myself. As you say, some intersting mods on there but sounds like you're going to make good on them. Also like that Mk5 extra cab. If I had the funds and all that....
Keep us posted with pictures! :thumbsup:

Deadly Dave

Nice project, keep the updates coming please. 

Litjonwhitrou

Yes!!!! Good man, I loved the Lowlux pics - there were two lowered lux’s knocking about but I’m sure this was the one we called Lowlux :wub:

They’re a rare beast anyway and I know you’re going to keep things sweet on the mechanical side but looks wise it really appeals to me, I’ve got a thing for the proportions and very few lowered trucks seem to look as good as that one! I seem to remember the wheels going on but they’ve changed colour in between. I’m really really pleased to see it’s ended up with an enthusiast :thumbsup:

(ps. Jas got repped for Goldie-lux, come the time please sell it with that title!!!!!)

scottie
4 hours ago, Litjonwhitrou said:

Yes!!!! Good man, I loved the Lowlux pics - there were two lowered lux’s knocking about but I’m sure this was the one we called Lowlux :wub:

Hey big fella. That's the reason I named mine ToyLota .A few called lolux

I just have the LO  03  LUX number plate on mine now

Litjonwhitrou
39 minutes ago, scottie said:

Hey big fella. That's the reason I named mine ToyLota .A few called lolux

I just have the LO  03  LUX number plate on mine now

I do like the naming practices in here, they always make me smile - that’s an epic plate for yours!!!!

scottie
1 hour ago, Litjonwhitrou said:

I do like the naming practices in here, they always make me smile - that’s an epic plate for yours!!!!

Not the best pix as it`s not proper clean , BUT its a working truck and has to earn its money :thumbsup:. Polish days are every blue moon :tongue:

300brxh.jpg

Litjonwhitrou

Yes!!! :thumbsup:

scottie
1 hour ago, Litjonwhitrou said:

Yes!!! :thumbsup:

I take it you like ?

03 lux could be for sale soon . No not the truck but pimlico plumbers are interested in it  As they have plumbing and electrical now.

LOO   3     LUX  fits all their  vans :thumbsup:

And speaking to a firm that runs oil and hilux`s 

LOO3  (lube)   LUX 

Rather it stay on my truck ........................tho

baggedlux

A few people have mentioned the 'goldielux' so thought i'd show a couple pics of it, i dont have many as didnt really do a lot to it. I bought a set of nicely dished and wide wheels for it, which thought would look epic when I lowered it. I had planned to go for lowering blocks on the rear, 4" and wind the torsion bars down on the front but never made it that far!

20170925_120336.jpg

20170925_120319.jpg

it would have looked ace if I had actually go through with it, but alas, i did not! so shall be sold soon hopefully, when i get my bum into gear!

Sparks
8 minutes ago, baggedlux said:

A few people have mentioned the 'goldielux' so thought i'd show a couple pics of it, i dont have many as didnt really do a lot to it. I bought a set of nicely dished and wide wheels for it, which thought would look epic when I lowered it. I had planned to go for lowering blocks on the rear, 4" and wind the torsion bars down on the front but never made it that far!

20170925_120336.jpg

20170925_120319.jpg

it would have looked ace if I had actually go through with it, but alas, i did not! so shall be sold soon hopefully, when i get my bum into gear!

Ooh nice wheels :cool: what's the condition of the interior and under the hood like ?