Hilux Pickup Owners Club & Online Community
baggedlux

Servicing help needed on jap import mk3!

baggedlux

Hey hey

Ive got a japenese import hilux, its a ln85 2wd and engine code is 2L

This is my first jap vehicle so i am clueless as where to get new things from and im not sure if its an import, it makes things harder to get!

I'm after;

4 glow plugs

Oil filter

Fuel filter

What oil to use

Brake pads

Shoes for the rear

If anyone could help me out, would be appreciated!! 

Sparks

Milners or roughtrax are what we mainly use, when you say it's a 2L engine, is it the ally rocker cover or black tin  cover, it would be nice to get a pic of the engine, there is a lot of stuff that's the same as the 4WD version of yours, it's just confirming what engine yours is running 

baggedlux
5 minutes ago, Sparks said:

Milners or roughtrax are what we mainly use, when you say it's a 2L engine, is it the ally rocker cover or black tin  cover, it would be nice to get a pic of the engine, there is a lot of stuff that's the same as the 4WD version of yours, it's just confirming what engine yours is running 

I got the 2L from the vin plate but I shall take pictures of the engine tomorrow and upload some. I was hoping that it would all be the same as a 4wd/2wd uk spec!

Its a 2.4 n/a

Sparks
11 minutes ago, baggedlux said:

I got the 2L from the vin plate but I shall take pictures of the engine tomorrow and upload some. I was hoping that it would all be the same as a 4wd/2wd uk spec!

Its a 2.4 n/a

You should be ok for belts and filters then, same as glow plugs you just need to see what voltage yours are, some are around 6v and some 11v i think, it is stamped near the end so you might be able to see it, depending how far it is screwed in :thumbsup:  

scottie

Most stuff for yours crosses over engine wise ETC :thumbsup:

Difference being TD Non Turbo and EFI I think  

Get some pictures up .

baggedlux
On 31/03/2018 at 23:14, Sparks said:

You should be ok for belts and filters then, same as glow plugs you just need to see what voltage yours are, some are around 6v and some 11v i think, it is stamped near the end so you might be able to see it, depending how far it is screwed in :thumbsup:  

On 01/04/2018 at 13:13, scottie said:

Most stuff for yours crosses over engine wise ETC :thumbsup:

Difference being TD Non Turbo and EFI I think  

Get some pictures up .

Hi again, still alive i think!

been doing stuff, but I've got some pictures which are hopefully uploading now, my laptop is real poop and trying to use photobucket and tinypic to upload pics etc is annoying! but anyway, here is (hopefully) a couple pics of the engine!

s6njic.jpg

14wdm4i.jpg

24pkpk6.jpg

baggedlux

Any help pleasee? 

Sparks

Looks fairly tidy under there and just like the early MK3 4WD version :thumbsup: i take it your running an electric fan or just a temp gauge. going by the anodised blue section in your top hose ? So your looking at late MK2/early MK3, engine service stuff should be late MK2 just so long as it's listed as diesel 2.4 that should be right

JasXPear
1 hour ago, baggedlux said:

Any help pleasee? 

Has Mitch answered you question?

Sparks
1 hour ago, JasXPear said:

Most of it i hope :huh:

baggedlux
18 hours ago, Sparks said:

Looks fairly tidy under there and just like the early MK3 4WD version :thumbsup: i take it your running an electric fan or just a temp gauge. going by the anodised blue section in your top hose ? So your looking at late MK2/early MK3, engine service stuff should be late MK2 just so long as it's listed as diesel 2.4 that should be right

Thats a temp gauge, thermostat doesnt work on the dash, so got a water temp guage in the glovebox, normally sits at 70c i think, not sure if its too low? Or if the thermostat works so wanna change it

Awesome, ill find a reg for a late mk2 derv and find some parts, any particular oil.to use?

17 hours ago, JasXPear said:

I think so 😊

Sparks
3 hours ago, baggedlux said:

Thats a temp gauge, thermostat doesnt work on the dash, so got a water temp guage in the glovebox, normally sits at 70c i think, not sure if its too low? Or if the thermostat works so wanna change it

Awesome, ill find a reg for a late mk2 derv and find some parts, any particular oil.to use?

I think so 😊

This will give you some info it's a MK3 owners manual, but gives you oil grades/coolant etc and covers the 2WD :thumbsup:

http://www.hpoc.co.uk/Documentation/Mk3/Hilux_Mk3_Owners_Manual.pdf