Hilux Pickup Owners Club & Online Community
Sign in to follow this  
Puckshooter

Removing the truck bed

Puckshooter

Hi Guys,

Not been on here for a will, but I am about to renovate the rear bed of my 1992 LN105 Mk 3 and was hoping that someone can tell me how easy, or difficult, it is to remove the bed from the chassis?

Sparks
7 minutes ago, Puckshooter said:

Hi Guys,

Not been on here for a will, but I am about to renovate the rear bed of my 1992 LN195 Mk 3 and was hoping that someone can tell me how easy it, or difficult is it to remove the bed from the chassis?

Like most jobs on these it will be removing the old mounting bolts that will cause most trouble, the rest ie " reg lights/tail lights/wiring and fuel filler/breather aren't to bad, don't forget it's not that light so two burly chaps min needed to lift it off 

topcat7
4 hours ago, Sparks said:

Like most jobs on these it will be removing the old mounting bolts that will cause most trouble, the rest ie " reg lights/tail lights/wiring and fuel filler/breather aren't to bad, don't forget it's not that light so two burly chaps min needed to lift it off 

Like sparks said mountain bolts hardest part ..Get some penetrating oil on the bolts a week or so before you want to remove tub start trying to crack the nuts  1/4 turn ease back and forward more oil leave ule be fine ..same as sparks apart from 2 burley chaps eh not for me 😂 I had four of us and that was ok ..good luck once you've done it once it's easy ..

Puckshooter

OK Guys all advice appreciated and noted!

scottie

Dont snap the bolts But if you do don`t stress just don`t keep winding them Touch of heat always works wonders even a map gas plumbers torch :thumbsup: Shame you cant use the candle wax top tip on them as they are upside down 

But they easy enough to remake if you can dob a bit of weld . And I know I have a couple here/maybee a full  for you to template from :thumbsup:

Puckshooter
18 hours ago, scottie said:

Dont snap the bolts But if you do don`t stress just don`t keep winding them Touch of heat always works wonders even a map gas plumbers torch :thumbsup: Shame you cant use the candle wax top tip on them as they are upside down 

But they easy enough to remake if you can dob a bit of weld . And I know I have a couple here/maybee a full  for you to template from :thumbsup:

What is the candle wax top tip scottie?

topcat7

He probably hadn't seen your question yet.. basically if your end of thread is upright or horizontal heat up the stubborn nut / thread ( Ive used plubmers gas torch ) and melt candle wax on it ..it can work its way in & acts like a penetrant ..👍 Tc  

Puckshooter
22 hours ago, topcat7 said:

He probably hadn't seen your question yet.. basically if your end of thread is upright or horizontal heat up the stubborn nut / thread ( Ive used plubmers gas torch ) and melt candle wax on it ..it can work its way in & acts like a penetrant ..👍 Tc  

Thanks TC

scottie
On 04/04/2018 at 20:51, topcat7 said:

What TC said 

Candle wax melts to like hot water. The head you apply also expands metal,so your hot runny candle wax runs into the joint. Even if it solidifies in the thread no worries . Candle wax is a slippery as fook eases siezed nuts good and proper. Done it many a time