Sign in to follow this  
greek

Not Hilux. Fiat 500

greek

Evening all, my girlfriends fiat 500 seems to let a lot of outside smells in though the heater vents? She has it on recirculating all the time, but when you switch the heaters to air from outside to clear the windscreen, it gets literally every smell in, exhausts, any restaurant etc. Should there be a filter of any sort that could be missing? 

I don’t quite know how it all works.

Thanks. 

JasXPear
20 minutes ago, greek said:

Evening all, my girlfriends fiat 500 seems to let a lot of outside smells in though the heater vents? She has it on recirculating all the time, but when you switch the heaters to air from outside to clear the windscreen, it gets literally every smell in, exhausts, any restaurant etc. Should there be a filter of any sort that could be missing? 

I don’t quite know how it all works.

Thanks. 

There might be a pollen filter but i dont think there's anything that would outside blocks smells generally. 

greek
36 minutes ago, JasXPear said:

There might be a pollen filter but i dont think there's anything that would outside blocks smells generally. 

Hmmm I did wonder. I never get smells coming though on the lux and can’t say I’ve ever noticed smells coming though in any other car? 

Mind you, my lux prob isn’t the freshest inside 😂

Wolfracer

Might be where it collects the air from. I had a car that would pull in cigarette smoke exhaled from the car in front ON THE MOTORWAY! The lux doesn't suffer this at all. 

greek
14 hours ago, Wolfracer said:

Might be where it collects the air from. I had a car that would pull in cigarette smoke exhaled from the car in front ON THE MOTORWAY! The lux doesn't suffer this at all. 

Yea I’m going to have a butchers this morning. I’ve never known it on any other vehicle. 

scottie

If its not an  arbarth  scrap it