Sign in to follow this  
Paulhilux

2000 Hilux max tire size without suspension modification

Paulhilux

Hi All

i have a pedantic question. I’ve read on this forum that I can fit a 31/10.5 tire on my stock hilux (its a 2000 2.4 TD crewcab, no lift). I want I buy BfG All terrains. These come in either 265/70R16 or 265/75R16. This corresponds to 30.6/10.4 or 31.6/10.4. 

So so my question is I want to avoid a lift  can I fit the 265/75R16 or only the smaller 265/70R16? Woukd wheel spacers allow me to go the bigger Tyre or will they also require new wheel arches?

all help appreciated. This is my first post and while I’ve read lots of discussions on Tyre size nothing is explicit enough for me to be confident 

best

Paul. 

JasXPear

You kind of answered your own question - 31x10.5 is the biggest you’ll fit so can’t fit 265/75/16s without rubbing.

Adding spacers will have the same effect as fitting wider tyres so will only make the rubbing worse.

• Like 2

Deadly Dave

You might get the 75 profile tyre on with a few minor mods the the inside of the front wheel well.

Wolfracer

And 2" to both dimensions and deal with the rubbing. If you like  big rubber then this approach will save you a fortune in tyres!

Paulhilux

thanks lads. I'll go with the 265/70... and see how it goes.