Sign in to follow this  
mud plugger

Help Please

mud plugger

I own a Mk3 1995 Hilux Pickup 2wd and am finding it difficult to find parts. There are plenty of 4x4 places but hardly any bog standard truck. I need wheel cylinder and brake shoe springs and clips but have been told by the 4x4 shops that they are different to the 2wd parts so cannot use them. Don't really want to go to the main dealers for these parts as they are expensive from them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to keep my old truck going

Sparks
4 hours ago, mud plugger said:

I own a Mk3 1995 Hilux Pickup 2wd and am finding it difficult to find parts. There are plenty of 4x4 places but hardly any bog standard truck. I need wheel cylinder and brake shoe springs and clips but have been told by the 4x4 shops that they are different to the 2wd parts so cannot use them. Don't really want to go to the main dealers for these parts as they are expensive from them.

You need to suss the part numbers and do a search. Toyota are lazy when it comes to most things and will hit the parts bin for most things, you just need to find out which model they will also fit, yours will probs be the same as the Hiace van !  

• Upvote 1

JasXPear
15 hours ago, mud plugger said:

Have you tried Milners? I know RoughTrax don’t do much 2wd stuff but Milners might.

scottie

I would say that though Toyota changed a few bits on the 2wd model. Front suspension disks etc. The tooling involved in changing brakes etc would out way the cost they would recoup in sales. If they didn't change the drums and back plates from a mk3----mk5. Why would they change cylinders? Just because they don't list it on mill and RT don't mean they won't fit. You need to cross reference part numbers 

mud plugger

Thanks for the responses

I asked milners the question if 4x4 stuff would fit and they said no, but like scottie i thought why would they make them different across the range the tooling and manufacturing cost would be high for little financial rewards so keep them the same