Hilux Pickup Owners Club & Online Community
Sign in to follow this  
hypoid90

Uploading pics using a Mac via Photobucket

hypoid90

Having read all I could find on here and experimenting a bit I successfully loaded some pics via photobucket onto a thread using my mac.

Seems quite easy once I'd found the route.

A list of steps..

Join photobucket (free)

Upload a picture onto photobucket from your desktop by choosing 'upload photos' on photobucket and choosing the picture you want from the list (of what's on your desktop. I had to double click 'upload photos' to get this menu up, or drag and drop).

(in iphoto, choose your picture, click FILE on top bar and EXPORT in the drop down menu, then choose MEDIUM file size, so it's not too big and then EXPORT to DESKTOP)

Once the pic is in photobucket click on it and it opens up big. To the right is "Share this photo?" with these four options below, Email & IM / DIRECT / HTML / IMG, with a box to the right of each. click on the box to the right of DIRECT and it becomes highlighted. You now have this pic and can paste it somewhere (to paste press Command and v).

In an HPOC thread box click on the "insert other media" boxhpoc11_zpsgm0hsnfg.jpg at lower right of message field. Two options open, Click on "insert image from URL" A new page opens with a large box across the top awaiting your picture location/URL.

Click cursor in box, press 'command' and 'v' (together, to paste) and the info/address/URL should load into place.

Then click "Insert into Post" and hopefully voila, it's there and your back at the thread you want to write in with a picture.

Did this one above to check my steps which worked fine, though picture arrived mid message. Maybe put on picture first, then write.

(It's of a general sort out on my MK3 single cab two summers ago).

Sim

• Upvote 2

Sparks

Handy for the Mac boys :thumbsup:

Sign in to follow this